Wednesday 5 February 2014

La Dolce Vita

Thank you to TFL for the more miserable than normal commute this morning, I'm glad (for once) I'm not in the South West at the moment what with all the terrible weather they've been having, but I've got to say London is just vile when the tubes are down. The studio is a bit of a ghost town right now as you can imagine, so I'll press on with Rome at long last! I've built it up so much over the last few posts, hopefully it won't disappoint!

For my boyfriend's 30th Birthday I surprised him with a long weekend in Rome- somewhere he's always wanted to go. It also happens to be on my wishlist of places to see...I'm a bit of a photo fiend & this trip was no exception, I really wanted to share our Roman experience without boring everybody senseless! Instead of a photo diary I've seen quite a few bloggers post very successfully, I've gone for more of a visual patchwork...let me know what you think!

We were staying in the Monti district which I would highly recommend, it's within walking distance to the Colosseum, Palatine & Forum but isn't overly touristy with inflated prices. Monti also happens to be packed with brilliant cafes, restaurants, bars & art shops- it feels authentic, like a proper locals area. I had a whale of a time rummaging around all the vintage shops-which were full to the brim as you can see from the photos! I even managed to pick up a calf length Missoni cardigan for 40 euros in the rather fabulous Pulp boutique, bargain!

We spent most of our time wandering around soaking up all there is to see in Rome, drinking copious amounts of wine, mostly around Piazza Navona & the Pantheon, watching the world go by. Vural was desperate to see the Colosseum, & I absolutely loved the day we spent at the Vatican- plenty of inspiration for AW14 there!

Ancient Rome

Out & about

Vatican

Vintage & Monti

Rome is a great place to explore in a long weekend, there's plenty to keep you occupied yet you feel as if you managed to get to the majority of the 'must see' sights, the vintage was unexpectedly great, if a little expensive & I can honestly say I completely relaxed into our mini break away- something that's quite rare for me!

All photos taken by myself, please do not use without my permission

No comments:

Post a Comment