Monday 3 February 2014

Heading East

Morning all, hope everyone enjoyed having a dry (still freezing but actually dry) weekend for once! It makes such a difference, you just want to be out doing more don't you? I was mostly down in Brixton again with friends but I did pop over East for a wander round Brick Lane & to see what was on offer in the new Ovalspace fashion market on Sunday. I possibly read the write up wrong, but I was really expecting to be scrambling around for some vintage finds. I didn't realise it'd be filled with young independent designers. It was inspiring if a little depressing to see all the talented designers putting their work out there! I was surprised to see Emma Shipley, Silken Favours & Peter Jensen there, as they have such a presence in the UK luxury department stores, still it was lovely to see Emma's work again.

It was actually a pretty ideal hangover stop off, its so relaxed there. There was food & drink on offer, along with a chilled out soundtrack & of course a pretty unique location. I also found a couple of labels I'd not really heard much about before who I really liked; Paper London & Kitty Joseph. Was loving Kitty's perspex ombre & glitter rings, so tempted to get a couple & big time regretting I didn't now...

Ovalspace

Paper London

Kitty Joseph

Beaut Kitty Joesph rings

Also, one of my all time favourite designers had a stall there, the incredible Hermione De Paula I absolutely love what she does with the stories behind her amazing prints, the prints' hidden imagery that you have to look closely for, & how the prints & garments are tailored to one another. Big big fan!! I took hardly any photos unfortunately, I'm always too caught up noseying my way round to get my camera out! I thought I'd post a few of my most desired looks from Hermione instead, what do you think?

Still no Rome, I know, getting to be a bit beyond a joke now- will get my act together sharpish. All images via pinterest, I do not own any apart from the top Ovalspace landscape

No comments:

Post a Comment