Thursday 13 February 2014

Blown Away

I took a little break from blogging over the past few dates as I've been feeling a little under the weather. I'm just a bit bunged up, but definitely feeling very sorry for myself! At the weekend I went to the Isabella Blow exhibition at Somerset House on a bit of a design team outing, and wow! if you haven't been already I urge you to go!! A wealth of inspiration there, incredible Phillip Treacy hats, Galliano gowns & of course, spectacular Alexander McQueen pieces on show. It was also interesting to learn more about the woman herself, as I didn't really know much about her apart from the well documented obvious. One brilliant fact I found out was that Isabella would often write in pink, encouraging her creativity by 'thinking pink'. Love that! Wish I had the i.t expertise to do just that on this post!

The exhibition left me thinking about how much I used to love and look forward to seeing each new McQueen show (not in person of course, I bloody wish!). He was such a uniquely creative & talented man, with original vision & interests that struck a chord with me. I spent Sunday looking through his old shows, & thought I'd share my ultimate favourites. I hadn't realised before now that it's his Spring/Summer collections I tend to admire the most. So, here's the best (in my humble opinion) of 2005, 07, 08, 09 & 2010

'It's only a game' SS05

'Sarabande' SS07

'Laughing with Isabella Blow in Heaven' SS08

'NATURAL Dis-Tinction, Un-Natural Selection' SS09

'Plato Atlantis' SS10

Hope you've enjoyed this lookback, I know I'll be gazing at these images for a long time to come!

All images via pinterest & Vogue, I do not own any

No comments:

Post a Comment