Thursday 30 January 2014

70s FLY

We got round to watching American Hustle last night & it did not disappoint. Jennifer Lawrence was just incredible to watch as usual, & right from the beginning the music & costumes had me hooked. It's such an entertaining film from start to finish, I'd advise anyone with a case of the January blues to go watch this pronto! There's a truly brilliant Miss Lawrence cleaning/dancing scene to Live & Let Die, I can't stop watching gifs of it all this morning. Here's a few stills from the films; the fur, the dresses, THE HAIR & the accessories, I love the 70s!!!

We're off to Paris in Feb for PV & vintage shopping, I already had a vast 70s inspired wishlist I wanted to get, including a fur (faux obviously), dusters, oversized gilets, a mac, fedoras, hippy dresses & of course more costume jewellery. Watching American Hustle has just increased my desire for these items!! This trip could get expensive... Here's some imagery for y'all to get you feeling the 70's vibes too

There are many things I miss about Manchester, but one of the main nights I sorely miss is Love Train, with the cheesiest 70s tribute act going. That's it, once I've purchased all this clobber I'm off to dance the night away back up north! Also need to have words with my mum, she had some amazing pieces (Ive seen the photos, she looked gooood, hair did & everything) & a few years ago took most of it to the charity shops. Boooo!

All images via pinterest, I do not own any. Go watch American Hustle! I'm off to listen to some Duke Ellington & daydream about studio 54...

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this film! I've never seen Jennifer Lawrence which hasn't been amazing. x

    www.blondecanvas.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant isn't it! Yeah she's great, I'm starting to become a little obsessed with her... x

      Delete
  2. I loved this post! I thought the film was fantastic too... Especially the fashion and the amy adams and bradley cooper dance scene! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thank you! Yep the dance scene was fab, wish studio 54 was still alive & kicking! x

    ReplyDelete