Wednesday 22 January 2014

Vintage Gems

Finally getting round to updating y'all about my trip to Hammersmith Vintage Fair. So glad I went, we picked up some really lovely pieces for work & it was great to wander round & feel inspired by all the beautiful prints, embroideries & jewellery. I wanted to buy so much, I was expecting it to be very expensive, and of course quite a bit of it was, but there was also plenty of more affordable items. As always, looking back I wish I'd gone with my instincts about a few things & just bought more! I have a tendency to hold back & regret later, which I guess is a good thing...I would really like to start purchasing more vintage though. I only managed a few pics inside the venue as I was so wrapped up in looking around! It was jammed with stalls- I was a bit taken aback to see how much was on offer!

Sorry for the (lacking) quality of the next photos, it was quite late when I got round to photographing my purchases. I promise to update with better images as soon as possible! There was a lovely lady from Devon who'd brought what looked like the entire contents of her shop up to London for the day selling the most amazing jewellery. I picked up this beautiful brooch & necklace for less than £20 each. The brooch was swiftly pinned to my coat & I've received quite a few compliments about it already!

This vivid silk scarf was £10, I've been making a conscious effort to stop buying any more scarves as I have so many already, but I just couldn't resist this little beauty.

Last but not least, here's my new purse. I'm so jealous of the woman who sold it to me, she's retired so she spends her time travelling round the world buying up items to sell in the UK. I swiftly offered up my contact details when she mentioned her quarterly house sales!! I've also grabbed a few bargains from ebay for our flat, throws & cushions mainly, I'll pop a few photos on later in the week.

Hopefully I'll get my Rome posts up by the end of the week too : ) In the mean time here's a spot of home inspiration so you can see the look I'm aiming for (& will probably be poorly imitating!)

The last selection of images are all via pinterest, I do not own any

5 comments:

  1. love this post so much! good job...just bookmarked your blog :)

    by the way do you think you could give me some advice on my blog? im trying to make it as good as possible!

    www.stonefoxinterrupted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really kind, thank you! Im following you too- really like your blog.

      Im a much bigger fan of blogs with lots of inspiring imagery rather than posey outfit blogs- although there are plenty that I follow & do a wonderful job of this too!

      Not really sure if I can add any thoughts to your blog I think it's great already! Although it'd be good to hear/see a bit more about you? What do you think? x

      Delete
  2. ooh & get yourself on bloglovin! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool post! and interesting :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete