Monday 16 December 2013

Girl on Fire

It seems a bit daft to say but watching The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has made me feel all philosophical this week. I can't tell you how much I disliked the first film, (I must confess I haven't read the books) going in oblivious to the plot, I was severely disappointed. I didn't understand the level of violence or really the point to the entire film. This time round, the story & characters have been given some much needed depth. I've become a bit obsessed with Jennifer Lawrence & indeed Katniss, LOVE LOVE LOVE that there's finally a female heroine truly worthy of tween & teenage adulation. I won't lie, I've got a new pinterest board on the go in tribute (do you like what I did there?!) to the rather wonderful leading lady (yes I am actually that sad). Loving green- any readers of this blog will already know this, earthy & natural, elemental, witchy & amazonian warrioresque...

Finally one of the most inspirational quotes I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Rest in Peace Mr Mandela, Im going to try and live my life by your wise words

All images via pinterest. I don't own any

4 comments:

  1. I love the Hunger Games so much! I read them in 2010 and remember when Jennifer Lawrence was cast! Loved all the photos and followed your blog! Thanks for sharing them! :)


    laurakillabean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw glad you like, no problem! She's a very inspirational character, Im definitely going to read the books before the last film comes out. Following you on bloglovin : ) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Young girls seriously need good role models like Katniss and Jennifer Lawrence! The books are amazing! Think I actually might do a make up look inspired by Katniss.... hmmm its an idea! Aw thanks for the follow! Look forward to chatting more!

      Delete
    2. Completely agree, need to get reading. Ooh yeah, definitely do tutorial! Hope you have a lovely Christmas x

      Delete