Thursday 12 December 2013

Winter Wishlist

Christmas fashion isn't usually my bag, each year endless tacky sequins on hideous clingy dresses seem to rule the high street, sky high spindly heels or spikey Jeffrey Campbell rip-offs are all over the place and, if you're anything like me, you're sick to the back teeth of the choice of either black or red for your yuletide attire. I'm hoping this year's the turning point for Winter tack. There's been such a varied choice, stores are finally embracing colour, different textures & more interesting shapes. Topshop, I have to say really is leading the way with their Christmas offerings. They've brought out some beautiful embellishments, jacquards & applique. Their printed leather is just brilliant. The below 5 dresses are standouts for me, they look as if they could be designer pieces

I'm loving all the sheer/lace layered offerings, the high street has really upped it's game here with high quality pieces you'd actually be prepared to pay more for. The forest green Asos shift is just divine. I think you can really go to town with accessories here, perhaps keeping jewellerey to a minimum & going OTT on shoes & bags. Really really want one of the Proenza Schouler holographic purses, absolutely gorgeous! The mint quilted Lanvin bag is a beauty, it's a great match to the cutout Sophia Webster cutout heels. Also, aren't these Tory Burch beetle slippers incredible? They're £177 which is obviously expensive, but not unreasonable for the level of detail there, tempted to give myself an early Birthday present...

Going back to what I was originally banging on about, the high street has been spot on with their fancies this year, this Urban Outfitters sequin on lace dress is inspired, as is the printed leather Topshop dress. I think that's been marked down now too, will definitely be purchasing in the very near future! I've been so excited for this exquisite Asos piece to come out, I truly think it wouldn't look out of place in a D&G show. Such detail & quality for £120. The embellished skirt is also rather wonderful. I'm going to have a go at customizing an old pencil skirt, need to find myself a decent bead shop methinks

Last but not least, PRINTS. The central tartan floral border dress is one of mine, think I'm going to get this too, the shape is lovely. The rather outthere skirt & trousers are mine too, I was surprised River Island went for this print as it is a little scary, but I'm glad they did, look great made up. The red tropical smock is a print from another of our talented designers, bit gutted as I absolutely love it but I honestly don't think I could warrant buying another red dress! I found a new brand today, Romance Was Born, WOW!! I would love to one day own a Missoni cardie, a McQueen signature scarf & an authentic Givenchy handbag, sadly these 3 items will remain on my wishlists for many years to come! Really liking prints worn together, matching & clashing. I think to pull this off though you need to keep everything else super simple & neutral. Unfussy coats, boots & knitwear make great accompaniments to head-to-toe print.

8 comments:

  1. beautiful dress dear...so lovely
    i follow you now via gfc and bloglovin
    kisses
    METAMORPHOSE CONCEPT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous aren't they?! Following you too : )

      Delete
  2. love those dresses! xxx

    yecrad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog:) Add you and I invite you to me:)
    http://shootingdiamond.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks : ) I like yours too, following you on gfc now x

    ReplyDelete