Thursday 27 February 2014

Wes Anderson + Secret Cinema = Perfection

I'm unbelievably excited (and a little terrified) about the new secret cinema production I'm going to on Saturday. I won't disclose any of the details as I don't want to ruin the experience for anyone else, but I don't feel too guilty talking about it as the film they'll be showing hasn't been kept a secret this time round.

I've been looking forward to delving into the wonderful world of Wes Anderson once again as soon as I heard he was working on adapting The Grand Budapest Hotel for screen. The usual suspects are of course involved- Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, Owen wilson, Edward Norton & the rather swoony Adrien Brody, but this time round the film stars Ralph Fiennes, a great addition to the cast in my humble opinion! Also coming along for the ride are the hugely talented Saoirse Ronan- love her, and one of my all time favourites, Tilda Swinton. I watched Only Lovers Left Alive at the weekend, absolutely brilliant, but that's for another post...

The film hasn't half been plugged on the tv, I've lost track of the amount of times I've now seen the trailers for it. I'm guessing they're hoping GBH will be the mainstream crossover Anderson truly deserves. I'm loving the pink & purple palette this time round, right up my street! I've hunted around for a few stills from the film, can't wait to see it in all its glory

I've been busy putting my outfit together (& Vurals' for that matter) & diy-ing my headpiece- very proud of the finished product! I found THE dress too, from trusty Toppers & for a steal at £35

I've also got an inspiration board going on Pinterest (as Im a massive nerd!) & I thought I'd share some of the beautiful images I've found, I honestly don't understand why we ever stopped dressing like this...

I'll hopefully get some good snaps at the weekend, we're double dating with one of my best friends so it should be a lot of fun once we're all glammed up. FIngers crossed I manage to pull off the hair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment