Tuesday 7 January 2014

GEORGE

First & foremost here's a rather belated Happy New Year, hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. I was unfortunately too busy eating, drinking & being merry while I was home, now I'm back at work I'm definitely feeling the need to get inspired & blogging again! I got back into drawing at home, I had a look back at my uni portfolio & did a few quick linear sketches. I'm determined to start going to life drawing classes this year, & I really want to get back into using my sewing machine too. Perhaps I'll finish my patchwork quilt this year? Although to be honest I think there might be a greater chance of pigs flying...Thought this graphic New Year text went well with my gorgeous new embroidered pillow- a Birthday present from my good friend Sarah which I haven't stopped showing off! Love the pom poms--

I finally bought the kimono dress from Urban Outfitters I've been banging on about for months, £30 in the sale BARGAIN! I was pleasantly surprised to see Sara of the fabulous Waiste blog doing a spot of modelling for UO. Even better, she was modelling a few of my prints! Absolutely love this tile smock, so pleased they went for this print. Think it really suits Sara- her blonde dip dye is a great contrast to the rich deep maroon & it looks so comfortable I just may have to purchase!

Finally, a bit of sad news I'm afraid. I came back to London on Thursday eve to find we had been graced with the presence of mice. Unfortunately this meant we had to give up our much loved budgie George. It wouldn't have been fair to keep him while there were mice around & I don't think we'd have managed to get rid of the mice with his cage being an easy source of food for the little buggars! I was surprised as how upset I was, George is such a character & I hope he goes to owners who fully appreciate him!

So, not a great start to 2014 but onwards & upwards! All images via pinterest apart from my doodles at the beginning of the post, & the beautiful George montage- hope you like! Ps. George was with us & named well before the Royal Prince showed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment