Monday 24 March 2014

Prima Ballerina

Cannot believe the last time I posted was almost a month ago, sad to be letting it slip as I really enjoy putting my rambling thoughts & ideas out to anyone who'll listen! There's no sign of work slowing down any time soon & I've had quite a few personal/family things to deal with. I've also been really motivated & focused with my own creative ideas, something I've procrastinated over for far too long. This weekend however, I had a break from thinking too much as my Mum & Sister came to stay with me. We've had a lovely few days together, from craft & vintage fairs to galleries & the theatre, we covered it all!

I'm not a huge musical/West End fan but we managed to find some reasonable tickets for Billy Elliot so off to Victoria we ventured on Saturday night! I actually really enjoyed the show on the whole, the children are all so talented. Watching ballet performances are always so inspiring, I've been thinking about the frothy tutus all day. Obviously this isn't the most fashion forward of posts, I just really admire anyone who can pull off such a feminine look. Degas is the perfect accompaniment too... Wish I was graceful & sinewy enough to not look ridiculous in a puffy tulle skirt & cropped sweater combo, less Prima Ballerina, more Sugar Plum Dumpling!

I've warmed to pastels in the last few months, when they're broken up with black or a bright pop of colour, usually head-to-toe pastels is too sickly for me. However, its just works for off-duty chic, & I love how mixing textures can keep it looking really fresh. Sheer, lace, embellishment & froth just work together don't they. I love the catwalk interpretations of this style too, Dolce & Gabbana has this look down to a tee, Valentino, Alice Temperley, Rodarte & Christopher Kane are also fantastic sources of inspiration. Right, I'm off to hunt down a tulle skirt to call my own!

All images via pinterest, I do not own any

4 comments:

  1. glad you like : ) I'm following you on gfc x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these outfits. Want to follow each other?
    http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures , amazing for inspirations
    xx

    ReplyDelete